The Portway Marine Multifuel is the first stove in the UK that is specifically designed and manufactured to meet the stringent new Code of Practice for the Installation of Solid Fuel Heating and Cooking Appliances in Small Craft (British Standard BS 8511:2010).
The Marine stove helps boat owners comply with the new Code of Practice and, at the same time, cleverly utilise limited cabin space. The stove features built-in heat protection panels to ensure the sides of the stove are kept a lot cooler than normal stoves and allowing it to be placed much closer to combustibles. These heat protection panels also provide additional heat in the form of convection hot air. This combination of radiant heat and convected heat is much more efficient at heating narrow boat cabins.
For optimum safety and performance your Marine stove must always be fitted with an insulated flue and chimney kit. We've teamed up with Direct Marine Components
to offer you a complete stove and flue kit solution.
Benefits of using the right flue and chimney include:
- Quicker ignition
- Instant and full controllability of the stove
- Longer burn times per filling- reduced fuel costs
- Less objectionable smoke- keeping the glass window much cleaner
- Greatly reduced risk of condensation tarring or rusting the chimney
- Conforms to British Standard BS85II:2010
The Portway Marine stove can be purchased through all good boat builders, boat service specialists or Portway stove stockist.
For more information about the Portway Marine Stove call us on 01782 339000 or email email@example.com
For further details about Bespoke Insulated Chimney Kits please contact 'Direct Marine Components' directly on 07759257964 or 07973868624.
This product benefits from a 10 Year Guarantee and is fully compliant with the Eco design directive Commission Regulation (EU)2015/1188.
Videos published before 2018 may show lesser guarantee lengths and include previous net data values.
- Built-in steel hearth which can be placed directly on to a wooden deck- no need for a large hearth, or the 125mm concrete base that the British Standard requires for normal stoves.
- A fiddle rail to stop pans from sliding off the hot plate area.
- A single door opening with a positive-shutting latch
- A deck fastening kit included with every stove
- Simple operating controls
- Convected heat as well as radiant heat
- Up to 4.9kW heat output and up to 104% energy efficiency
- Capable of easily burning wood, anthracite and many other suitable fuel types.
|Flue Type||Brick Chimney|
|Direct Heat Output||4.9kW|
|Useful Energy Efficiency||78.8%|
|Flue Outlet||150mm (5") (Top Only)|
|Maximum Log Length||300mm (12")|
|Ventilation Required||Not normally required|
|Smoke Control Exempt||No|
Fill out this quick and easy form to download your Portway Stoves brochure now!
The Portway Marine Stove performs wonderfully, clean burning and uses miserly amounts of coal. A couple of shovels worth kept the boat warm from 8pm till lunch the next day. Once again, thank you for doing such a great job.